Problems & Solutions & Attentions of co2 laser tube
Problems & solutions
Insufficient carving depth:
If at the beginning the carving is not deep, please check the following problems in order:
1. Check if the bearing of the laser is appropriate;
2. Check if the light intensity is set too low;
3. Check if the light path has shifted;
4. Check if the focal distance is correct;
5. Check if there are any scratches and dirt on the surface of the lens;
6. Check if the flow rate and pressure of the cooling water are correct.
After working for a while, cutting depth is not deep enough anymore:
1. Check if the bearing of the laser is appropriate;
2. Check if the water temperature normal;
3. Check if the lens gets hot when it is being used;
4. Check if the flow rate and pressure of the cooling water is correct;
5. Check if the cooling water is clean;
High voltage ignition and discharge:
1. Check for dirt or dampness around the high-pressure head of the laser;
2. Check if the high-pressure end or joint are too close to the metal part of the machine;
3. Check if the laser power high-voltage connection device is detached from the support;
4. Check if the high-voltage connection device is broken or damaged;
5. Check if the low water temperature leads to water condensation in the tube’s walls and sleeves;
* If none of the above descriptions apply, please contact our company’s after-sales service for consultation and treatment.
Laser tube broken:
1. Low water temperature leads to water freezing inside the laser;
2. There is no water in the laser;
3. Water pressure is too low;
4. Check if the direction of the water flow complies with low input and high output. The water-cooled tube of the laser may not be filled with water, and causing partial heating of the laser
High voltage discharge and breakdown:
1. The power supply does not work with different specifications (such as using a high-power supply for low-power tubes). Exceeding the specified voltage that the laser tube can withstand leads to damage of the laser tube.;
2. The water cooling condition is not good. The cooling water does not fill the whole pipe and air bubbles appear. At the places where there is no water cooling, the temperature is too high, causing glass material to change and damaging to the glass of the laser tubes;
3. The glass material has tiny bubbles or uneven thickness due to the influence of temperature, raw material, technology and other factors during the production of glass material. Damage to the weak areas under high voltage can cause discharge;
Fault detection instructions for using laser power supply:
The following detection methods apply when the laser tube is not externally damaged
1. If the laser power supply has a wear detection function, then when the laser is in a standby state, press the test switch to turn on the laser’s lights and there will be a laser output from the laser tube. If the light does not turn on, then there is a laser supply failure; If the lights turn on, but there is no laser output, then the laser is broken.
2. If the laser power supply does not have wear detection functions, the signal ports 5V and IN of the laser power supply are connected by wires; the three ports of L, P, and G are connected. When the laser power supply is turned on and the current is over 10 mA, if there is no laser output or if the laser energy output is weak, it means that the laser is damaged. If the current is below 10 mA, then the laser power supply is broken.
1. Optical Safety
It’s a Class4 laser machine with a wavelength of 10.6 microns. All personnel are advised to wear approved laser protective glasses, and to not look directly at the laser beam or any reflected laser beam, even when wearing laser protective glasses.
Warning: Laser radiation can cause serious eye damage, including blindness.
- Do not directly point the beam of light to reflective objects.
- It is strongly recommended to place the height of the laser outside of eye level, and to not point towards the entrance of the room. Be careful not to shoot the laser out of the window.
- The interaction between the light beam and some materials can cause visible light radiation, and may cause the same potential hazards as visible light radiation. In this situation, appropriate protective measures must be taken.
2. Electric Power Safety
Warning: The ignition voltage of CO2 laser tube is close to 35KV, which creates high-voltage power supply within and between the laser tubes. The device contains a lethal DC voltage that can persist even after power is turned off.
- Do not open the outer cover of the laser power supply. Only qualified technicians who are familiar with the equipment should carry out relevant operations.
- There is no electrical hazard in the normal operation of the system, but the high voltage insulation cover needs to be in the correct position and be well grounded.
- Operating the system when the high voltage insulation cover is removed or the high voltage power supply is not shielded may pose a risk of exposure to high voltage. Therefore, pay particular attention to safety.
Matters needing attention
1. Connection to Laser Power Supply
The high voltage (HV+) must be connected to the anode (reflector end) of the CO2 laser tube.
The electric circuit of the laser power supply is connected to the cathode (output end) of the CO2 laser tube by ammeter (or directly).
co2 laser tube
2. Laser Tube Cooling
To ensure that the laser is connected with water protection, please follow the following steps:
Connect the cooling water first, so that the water flow in the laser tube circulates according to the requirements of the low inlet and high outlet.
Adjust the position of the outlet pipe to ensure that the water-cooling pipes are filled with cooling water and there are no bubbles. Then turn on the power.
Requirements: Use distilled or pure water as cooling water. Pay attention to the temperature of cooling water. Water temperature should be controlled between 15-30℃, not too high and not too low. Especially during the summer, if you find that the water temperature is too high, change the cooling water or momentarily shut it down. In cold areas, ensure that the cooling water does not freeze, especially after the laser is shut down. No cooling water should be stored in the laser tube in order to avoid freezing of cooling water and the consequential bursting of the laser tube. (Special Attention for AC users: The cooling water tank must be linked to the ground)
The flow rate of cooling water should be controlled to 2L-7L/min. Otherwise, the cooling effect is not appropriate, it will cause mode jumps and the power of laser tubes will decrease due to the variation of light spot. The cooling water return port (outlet) must be submerged in the water tank, otherwise the cooling water irrigation in the laser tube will be unsatisfactory every time the laser tube is shut down or turned on.
3. Optimum Support Point for Laser Tube Installation The laser tube’s position on the laser tube bracket must match the recommendation from the laser tube’s manufacturer (see laser tube label)
4. Protection of the Laser Tube Output Window
Pay attention to protect the laser’s output window, so as to avoid smoke contaminating the surface of the output window during the machine’s operation (Including the debugging of the light path). If the surface of the output window is contaminated, it will cause the laser tube’s power to decrease. When this happens, the output window surface can be gently wiped with dehydrated alcohol dipped in absorbent cotton or silk cloth.
5. While debugging, fix the laser by adjusting its support point or rotating laser direction to achieve the best output.
6. Please be careful: avoid dust accumulation near the high-voltage electrode. In order to prevent high-voltage ignition discharge, keep the high-voltage electrode dry and keep the high-voltage end as far away from metals as possible.
7. During the laser operation, it is necessary to prevent scaling in the water cooling pipe that could cause clogging of the cooling water and worsen the heat dissipation effect. If this is the case, use 20% diluted hydrochloric acid to clean the cooling pipe and remove scaling.
8. Laser machines are glass products, they are fragile. When installing and using, avoid excessive local force.
9. Rationalize the use of laser tubes to save laser energy. The operating current of the laser tube should not exceed the maximum operating current.